Monday 19 October 2009

Club Candy

Big big tunes for you once again this afternoon... revell in them!


Jack Splash - I Could Have Loved You (Sinden Remix)
Currently recieving much love on the radio waves and from DJs the world over is the new remix from Sinden, which takes on a new UK Funky/Synth-Pop element to his 'World-Music' sound. I've always been a fan of Sinden's vocal work in his remixes and the percussion really works well in this one... a sure dancefloor banger!

The Big Pink – Dominos (Switch Remix)
I've been a big fan of the original for quite some time now... it's sad but rare that I get excited about a new band with Florence & The Machine and these guys being the stand outs for me this year. Switch obviously can do no wrong in my eyes. The arrangement could be a little better, but on the whole not a bad effort squire.

The Beatles - Good Vibrations (Stanton Warriors Remix)
Initially intended as a DJ tool for their festival performances during the summer, this glitchy bass-bomb was conceived on a laptop on hte road by the duo to use as an opener to their set following the mighty Deadmau5. The idea was to try and keep the crowd for as long as possible... they really don't need to try!

Now I'm not usually the one for blogging tunes that intend to be released, but this has been legally passed to other blogs, so I'm going to make an exception for another fine remix from the one and only Style of Eye that I shall be seeing for the first time @ Ministry of Sound on Saturday! Big stuff!!!

I've been searching for this track for quite a while now... and thanks to superb fellow music blog Funkism... I've been treated to it finally! No there are no renditions of a said "motherfucker", but simply quality tech-house incased in a case of pure wow-bass. Turn this up loud!

Bonus Track:
Chemical Brothers – Saturated (WoW It’s The L.A. Boxers Remix)
My favourite remix of the week comes from the L.A. Boxers... who funnily enough hail from Los Angeles... original I know. Don't let that fool you though as this is the best 'rework' I've heard in quite a while. Now, it's not that different from the original, but to alter the original would be a crime of the greatest magnitude... so just sit back and appreciate it's brilliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment