Monday 16 November 2009

Club Candy

Evening folks... hope you've all had a good weekend... filled with much misbehaving an debauchery. I ended up spending the majority of my weekend recovering from Fabric on Friday night. It was only the second time I'd been to see my favourite Producer/DJ duo of the moment Jack Beats, so as you can expect it was a messy night!!!

I do believe that Mr. DJ Zinc stole the show though, with an hour of simply blistering deck work. Serato seems to be opening a whole new world for the East-London Producer, and his amazing new sound was typified to perfection in his early Saturday morning appearance on the legendary Essential Mix. I urge you to check that out... It is fastly becoming the greatst of the whole of 2009... possibly beating Fake Blood and Boys Noize to that honour.

Anyway, to this weeks amazing selection of club bangers!


Bertie Blackman - Byrds Of Prey (DC Breaks Remix)

Currently earning respect from an array of producers from different scene's this new soon-to-be DnB anthem is helping to launch the career of Bertie in the UK, with devastating effect. This is my biggest tune of the week and the best DnB tune I've heard since Sub Focus's stadium piledriver Rock It. Bigups to The Fat Club for this banger!

René Et Gaston - 'Vallée De Larmes (Hostage Remix)

Now this seems to be just a teaser from Hostage, before he drops his new Valhalla EP on Nightshifters on December 1st. One of the most eagerly awaited releases of the Autumn/Winter period for me, and a release that should bring in some overdue revenue for one of the hardest working Producers in the scene.

Bassjackers ft. Apster - Klambu (Original Mix)

Courtesy of the main man Zinc and his wonderful Essential Mix from the weekend that I really need to stop badgering on about... but a lovely display of techy, rolling weird bassness, that I quite like. Perfect for those 7am *** induced moments with cheese and crackers.

Zeds Dead - Dark Side Dub

I've been a fan of this Canadian based producer ever since his amazing remix of Barletta's Panther back in the summer, which I featured in my August mix... The man is now putting out original material of this own, this being probably the best of those. Sampling the awesome Star Wars in the process and garnishing it with a tasty trippy bassline.

Altered Natives - Rass Out

This funky anthem came out towards the beginning of 2009 and was used with devastating affect by DJs like Sinden, Mistajam, DJ Zinc, Switch and Diplo among others. With a slight Baile Funk feel to the track, a style which is becoming more prevalent in recent releases from the likes of label's Pellagrino and Dubsided.

No comments:

Post a Comment