Monday 17 May 2010

Mix Monday

A new week, and some new mixes. Booya!


Something a bit different to kick things off, Skeet put this together for the guys over at MishkaNYC as a bit of a roll back to the 90's, and believe me it goes. Nuff autotune, catchy hooks and crisp beats to last you a lifetime. This one is a summer barbecue classic, no messin!
"I really really love 90s R&B. It’s kinda fucked up really but when I was 13 I used to clown my mom for listening to Kellz and ask her to put on Green Day or something. These days I’m hiding my Dookie CD when friends come over and bumping Brandy while I drive to the studio. Maybe I’m getting old? Maybe I’m finally appreciating the genius that is Darkchild? Either way when Ea$e asked me to do a Мишка mix I knew right off the bat the only way to come was to come sexy. I tried to put a mix together of everybody’s favorite 90s R&B sexy time anthems. So hopefully you’ll like, if not burn a copy and give it to your mom, even if she hates my stupid DJ name she’ll hopefully like the mix, haha."

Aaliyah // Never Comin Back (Intro)
Donell Jones feat. Left Eye // U Know What’s Up
Janet Jackson // Love Will Never Do (Without You)
Mariah Carey feat. Jay-Z // Heartbreaker
SWV // I’m So Into You
Janet Jackson // Escapade
Aaliyah // One in a Million
R. Kelly // You Remind Me of Something
Usher // Nice and Slow
Tevin Campbell // Tell Me What You Want Me to Do
London Jones // Save Our Love (Remix)
Inoj // Love You Down
K.P. & Envi // Shawty Swing My Way
Shanice // I Love Your Smile
En Vogue // My Lovin
PM Dawn // Set Adrift on Memory Bliss
112 feat. Notorious B.I.G., Ma$e and Puff Daddy // Only U
TLC // Baby, Baby, Baby
Keith Sweat // Twisted



New Boy 8 Bit mix for you this week, featuring solely his own tunes and a couple of remixes from others.

Boy 8-Bit Promo Mix May 2010 by boy8bit

Les Gillettes - Pompeii (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
Boy 8-Bit - The Cricket Scores (Memory Tapes Remix)
Boy 8-Bit - Bulbs Burn out (Obi Blanche Remix)
Mandy Vs Bookashade - Donut (Boy 8-Bit REmix)
Boy 8-Bit - Baltic Pine (Run Hide Survive Remix)
Boy 8-Bit - The Keep
Boy 8-Bit - We Move By Night to Avoid Detection
The XX - Crystalised (Boy 8-Bit Essential Mix ReEdit)
Boy 8-Bit -Restricted 18 Part 1
Boy 8-Bit - The Cricket Scores (Boy 8-Bits "Its not Cricket" Remix)
Boy 8-Bit - Wolfen (Jokers of the Scene Remix)



Finally finishing up on a big tip from Ben here... a great new mix from the man be Jamie of XX fame. Stamping his presense and his musical influences all over this mix. Summer time.


Electrelane : I Only Always Think
The Streets : Streets Score
The XX : Crystalised (DarkSky Remix)
Silentone : Beat For
Rossi B & Luca : Jah No Dead
Clubroot : Lucid Dream
Darkstar : Aidy’s Girl Is a Computer
Burial : Unite
Fantastic Mr Fox & Rich Reason : Lo-Fi-Ve
Joy Orbison : Hyph Mngo
Skream : Trapped In a Dark Bubble
Silentone : DUB PLATE 1
Aardvarck : One1
James Blake : Sparing The Horse
Boogaloo Crew : Hedgehog Sound
Zomby : Expert Tuition
Deadboy : Heartbreaker
Bad Autopsy : Psionic Terror
Cooly G : Narst
zed bias : To the left (test)
MJ Cole feat. Serocee : AO (MJ’s Open Your Gob Dubb)
DJ Champion: Motherboard
Bertrand Dupart : Ketokole (Boddhi Satva Ancestrial Mix) Fantastic Mr Fox : Plimsoul
Emvee : Glitch Dub
Dorian Concept : Trilingual Dance Sexperience
THE XX : ISLAND (JAMIE XX REMIX)
Silentone : You’ve Got No Love (Feat. Nigh)
Egypt : In The Morning (Original Club Mix)

2 comments: