Thursday 2 July 2009

July Charts

Apple Fritter July Chart
Here's my July chart... UFO is up the top again primarily because this time last month I thought it was going to be released in bloody June, but now its not going to be released until damned 20th July... swines!

#1: Jack Beats - U.F.O (K-Hole Bass Riddim)
Cheap Thrills
#2: Plump DJs - Be Good
Fingerlickin'
#3: Hedflux & Tom Wilkes - Basscake
Broken Robot
#4: Boy 8 Bit - Wolfen
This is Music
#5: Stanton Warriors - Precinct (Plump DJs Remix)
XL Recordings
#6: Laidback Luke & Diplo - Hey! (Foamo Remix)
Mad Decent
#7: Beat Assassins ft. Sweetie Irie - Boom Style
Mofo Recordings
#8: Bolton - Creepy (Mightyfools Remix)
Party Like Us
#9: Kissy Sell Out - Garden Friends (16 Bit Remix)
San City High
#10: DJ Zinc - Because
Bingo Beats


Ben White July Chart
Tried to keep my chart as fresh and summery as possible, and also not just copy Lee's as he's got some corking tunes in there - K-Hole, Hey! and Wolfen.  Although for the record the L-Vis mix is infinintely better than the Foamo one, and Wolfen is the worst track off the Baltic Pine EP.  In fact I feel so strongly about the Boy 8 Bit issue that I'm going to chart Baltic Pine just to prove that it's better.

#1: Boy 8 Bit - Definitely Not Wolfen (AKA Baltic Pine)
This is Music

#2: Julio Bashmore (Um Bongo's Revenge)
CDR

#3: Music De La Nick - Devil Will Ride
CDR

#4: Renaissance Man - What Is Guru
Sound Pellegrino

#5: Angger Dimas - Duck Army
CDR

#6: Emvee - Glitch Dub
Wireblock

#7: Cooly G - Love Dub Refix
Hyperdub

#8: Melting Wing - Kingdom Nineteen
Erol Forum Massive Inc

#9: Miiike Snow - Animal (Fake Blood Remix)

#10: El - B - Serious
Tempa

A little bit of a word from me now about number 3 - Gomez have long been a favourite band of mine, since pre their Mercury Prize, and this trip hop remix of their 'Devil Will Ride' song is seriously off the hook.  That funky little trumpet hook coupled with some serious breakbeatey rhythms and a hilarious sample from Superbad  equate to an absolute tune.  Plus Nick (of Music De La Nick, or possibly Ainse Dari, I lost track after the 8th name change) is a seriously sound guy.  So check out his myspace here, and download the tune here:


I'm so impressed with myself, while I was writing this post I had the tune playing on Itunes and then I loaded up Nick's myspace to get the address, and it started playing off there too, and now they're both playing perfectly in time.  I just beatmatched off Itunes and the myspace player. Does this make me the best DJ ever? Quite possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment