Sunday 10 May 2009

Sunday Morning Hangover 4

I've been a bit rubbish with the Sunday Morning hangover recently - I keep leaving it to Sunday morning and hoping I'll have time to do it at work, and never actually managing, so as a special treat I prepared this one in advance, and did a nice mix for a change! Tracklist is below, and I've posted up MP3's of a few of the tracks for your aural pleasure!


Sunday Morning Hangover 4 - Mix Special


Dust Galaxy - Come Hear The Trumpets (Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve Reanimation)


This was one of the few BTWS Reanimations that were new to me when i finally got round to buying the Reanimations Vol. 1 CD last week, and it's such a shame that I'd never heard it before - it's now one of my favorite reanimations. If you like this make sure you support BTWS and buy the CD.


Moderat - A New Error


This track is off the new Moderat album (Moderat are the supergroup comprised of Apparat and Modeselektor), and is one of my favourite tracks off the album.




Hey You Guys - Circlesquare




There Is A Light - Helen And the Others


This is the side project of Kate from Shimura Curves, and with two other girls (one of them is called Helen, hence the name) they do amazing disco style covers of songs that everyone knows. On their myspace they've got covers of Golden Skans (Klaxons), Ghosts (Laura Marling) and Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand). Ghosts was definitely my favourite at first, but then Kate sent me over this Smiths cover, and it hasn't left my ears since. It definitely beats that Schneider TM Light 3000 cover, but it still has that nice bleepy thing going for it that the Schneider TM version did. The harmonies on the chorus get me every single time aswell.


Bombay Bicycle Club - Always Like This (James Rutledge Remix)


I've featured some stuff from Bombay Bicycle Club (well the lead singer, Jack Steadman) on here before (Let The Good Times Roll Remix?), and it's great to finally get some good remixes of the band that fit nicely into my sets. The Always Like This single also has Tim Goldsworthy (DFA) on the remix, but to my suprise the Rutledge mix is my favourite - a lovely slice of warm disco.


Ada - Maps (Michael Mayer & Tobias Thomas Mix)


Out of the many thousands of Maps covers and remixes, this has got to be my favourite. Which is kind of all I have to say about it... But that's saying so much I don't think i need to say anymore.


Filthy Dukes -This Rhythm (Emperor Machine Remix)


One of my CD decks started skipping a bit around this point... apologies for that.


Suckers - It Gets Your Body Movin'




Neu! - Fur Immer


I may be castrated by the entirety of the blogosphere for this but I sometimes prefer Neu! to Kraftwerk... And I think I'd even go so far as to say that they were more important in the formation of Krautrock than Kraftwerk... *ducks*. This 11 minute epic never stops driving foward, with Dinger's 4x4 drumming still sounding fresh today, and those multi layered guitar lines.


Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment