Friday 12 February 2010

Vesper... Live @ This is Not a Rave

Hey hey peeps... quick heads up on my next gig this weekend @ This is Not a Rave supporting none other than Scott Cooper, who many of you may know from his great remix of AC Slater's Rock It Out, out last year on Nightshifters, which I was a big fan of.

I'm super excited to be supporting such a big dawg in the game; as a former part of the Moda collective, learning his trade with the likes of Andy George, Jaymo and Tom Staar. He's toured The States, Canada, Europe and had regular annual outings to Ibiza. I've got a lot to live up to, but relishing the chance to give people some fine tunes to dance to.



It's being held at Shoreditch's famous Horse & Groom, a place I believe I once got chucked out of for being under-age, so it will be quite lols playing there this time. I'm not 100% sure on my set time yet... but I will add it to this page / tweet it when I know... 'Vesper Twitter'. Essential details below:

SATURDAY 13 FEBRUARY

This Is Not A Rave @ Horse & Groom
28 Curtain Road, Shoreditch, EC2A 3NZ
9 til 4am
Free before 11pm - £4/ £3 conc

Showcase:
Scott Cooper (Wearhouse Music / Potty Mouth Music)
Vesper (Squeaky Bleeps)
+ Residents: Not Shy / Nic Liu / Pressplay / Rick Tozer

Facebook Event: HERE!


Scott Cooper blends jackin electronic house with eclectic influences of hip-house, ragga and dancehall. His diverse spin on the underground sound has made him a less predictable - but always rowdy - addition to the Potty Mouth Music roster.
“I’d describe my style as all-embracing in the way that I like to get a lot of different sounds and make sense of them in both my productions and my DJ sets".
Scott does his thing, and does it well, but I'll be taking things down a slightly different route with some quite serious, but non the less beats this time around. I've been quite used to playing to a more 16+ grimey/funky crowd lately, so it'll be a nice change. Basically if you like anything on Trouble & Bass, Hostage-vibed or anything of the slightly odd natured, but crazy Dubstep with lots of soul, then come down for a dance, it's sure to be a riot!

Support also comes from T-I-N-A-R residents Not Shy, Nic Lui, Pressplay and Rick Tozer.
Downstairs, Mooch are riding high of the blow out 1st Birthday last month and have been asked to party again. They've got Chris Finke venturing down from Birmingham’s techno institution which is Atomic Jam who'll be dropping some tech-house n dirty techno with support from the residents Natalie Coleman, Yellowcake and Nick Subkulture.

Head honcho Not Shy has made available this fantastic promo mix to get you in the mood for the night. Grooves and vibes of the future aplenty here, please get on the d/l.


Not Shy - Kicks N Claps  by  notshy

Abstract Source – 2KX [CD-R]
Julio Bashmore – Um Bongo’s Revenge [Dirty Bird]
Mosca – Square One (L-Vis 1990 Remix) [Night Slugs]
Dakunt – T’a Surdou Dakunt (Lorcan Mak Remix) [CD-R]
French Fries – Senta [Young Gunz]
Oliver $ – Gypsy Carnival [Made To Play]
MYD – Train To Bamako (Canblaster Remix) [CD-R]
Cajmere feat Dajae – Brighter Days (Mercury Edit) [CD-R]
Oliver Twizt – Gangsterdam (Nom De Strip Remix) [Mix Mash]
Wiley – Never Be Your Woman (Jaymo & Andy George “Moda” Dub) [Virgin]


Also, while your at it, download my latest mix that I recently did exclusively for YouMissedOut, which I let you know about last month. This is more along the lines of what I'll be playing down at T-I-N-A-R, with some groovy tech shoved in for good measure.


Vesper - The Future of Funk: Volume 1  by  VesperDJ

Drop The Lime - We Are The Future
Star Eyes - Disappear (Dexplicit Remix)
DJ Zinc - Killa Sound ft. No.Lay (Skream Remix)
Geeneus - Yellowtail VIP
Malente - Dex ft. New Kidz Lions (Douster Remix)
Major Lazer - Pon De Floor (BeatauCue Remix)
Vato Gonzalez - Badman Riddim
Dre Skull - Gone Too Far ft. Sizzla (Buraka Som Sistema Remix)
El Guincho - Kalise (Mumdance Remix)
Jayou - Crack Hands (Genetic Krew Remix)
George Lenton - Troll
Adam F & Horx - Shut The Lights Off ft. Redman (Caspa & Trolley Snatcha Remix)
DJ Prime Cuts - Warning ft. Dynamite MC (Eddie K Remix)
Flatline - Hollow Dub ft. Darker Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment