Sunday 28 June 2009

Unidentified Frequency Oscillation

Well it's finally been announced... probably the most anticipated single/EP release of the year so far for me as far as rave music goes for. Over the past year or so, I've grown to absolutely love Jack Beats, but everytime I try and see them DJ, something happens and my plans end up being quashed. The most recent one to date was Spectrum @ Matter, the Friday just gone, where Matter cancelled NAPT & Jack Beats, along with Myles Dyson, who were scheduled to play in room 2, because they weren't sure on the turnout. Anoying yes!


Anyway... Jack Beats first ever EP is to be released on Cheap Thrills on July 20th, named UFO or Unidentified Frequency Oscillation (K-Hole Bass Riddim as I found out earlier this week, which will be the title track. There is also a VIP Mix of their tune Get Down, which was previously only available as a rough original mix from the unmixed version of Herve's Ghetto Bass 2CD compilation album, and then a third track titled Labyrinth, which Kissy Sell Out played on Radio 1 on Thursday night.

I must also point out that Kissy did a wonderful job that night despite the news of MJ coming through the news waves. Despite being a DJ/Producer and Radio DJ, as a Radio Journalist myself I was very impressed with the way he handled the situation and his handover to Newsbeat. Well done sir, even if you did sound very emotional delivering the news to all of us. You're tribute to him featuring Man in the Mirror was felt by many!

Anyway, here is details of the UFO EP which you can find from this link!
Please get on it and support the amazing work the pair have been doing over the past couple of years, they truly deserve some praise in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment